- Load Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Go to the ‘File’ tab
- Go to the ‘Info’ section
- Click on ‘Account Settings’
- Click the drop-down button titled ‘Account Settings…’
- Select your email account from the list.
- Click the ‘Change…’ button
- Click the ‘More Settings…’ button
- Select the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Change the Incoming Server field number using the information below for POP3 or IMAP
POP3 – By default, the POP3 protocol works on two ports :
- Port 110 – this is the default POP3 non-encrypted port
- Port 995 – this is the port you need to use if you want to connect using POP3 securely
IMAP – By default, the IMAP protocol works on two ports:
- Port 143 – this is the default IMAP non-encrypted port
- Port 993 – this is the port you need to use if you want to connect using IMAP securely
Note : if you use port No. 993 for IMAP or port No. 995 for POP3, you must change ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection’ from None to SSL.
- Click ‘OK’.
- Click the ‘Next >’ button
- In the next window click ‘Finish’
- In the ‘Account Settings’ window click ‘Close’
- You should now be back to the main Outlook screen
- Close Outlook and then reload
Want to know more about POP3 and IMAP ? Visit POP3 vs IMAP